Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sevenstones Restaurant

We got to know about Sevenstones Restaurant from The Urban List so we went there for dinner a week or two ago. The Urban List had described it as "a little gem in Enoggera" so based on that (and some pictures of excellently plated dishes), we decided to give them a go. 

The little cafe was not very busy for a Sunday night, but yet the service was very slow. The staff though were very friendly. We ordered an entree- the pork belly with green apple salad. We were told that they were out of green apple salad so they replaced it with garden salad instead (which to me is something really cheap to substitute with). That was disappointment #1. The pork arrived and it was quite a big chunk of it, and it looked very unappetizing. I even forgot to take a photo of it. The pork was dry, tough and tasteless. Oh wait, the only taste was the game-iness of the pork. The drink we ordered, a mocha frappe, was equally disastrous. It was watery and tasteless. After some time, the components of the drink separate and it really looked very disgusting, like drain water and foam put together. I stopped drinking it after the layers separated.

It was horrifying and was a terrible start to the meal. We were totally dreading the mains that we had ordered. And did I mention, the meals were at least $20 each?

The mains we ordered were the sirloin steak and the chicken & pumpkin pesto pasta. Surprisingly, both these dishes were really good!



The pasta was just absolutely fantastic, it is the best pasta I have ever tasted. It was really the saving grace of the restaurant. I could go on and on about the pasta! I would definitely come back for the pasta but the Husband is so scarred from the drink and the entree that he said he is never coming back here again. 

Overall, I don't really know how to rate this place either. I am still, to this day, severely scarred from the initial experience but I think I would give it a 2nd chance, for the sake of that awesome pasta that I am still dreaming about.

No comments :

Post a Comment