Thursday, March 12, 2015

Chur Burger

Last Sunday was seriously "grow obese day". Before service, we had a leisurely breakfast at Chouquette, we shared a chicken & avocado baguette, a milk & caramel tart and had our own coffees.



The after service, despite still being stuffed from breakfast, we went for lunch with the gang at Chur Burger. The guys described Chur Burger like it was the best thing on earth so we went along with them. 

It was an unassuming, good-sized cafe in the heart of Fortitude Valley. They had live music as well, but the guy singing was really off-key so we were quite happy when he stopped for a break. 
Their all-American-styled menu:


We had the "KFC", korean fried chicken wings. It did seem a little outta place on the menu as it was amidst all the hardcore Western stuff. Anyway, it was really tasty and spicy! We shared this with a few other people so I only had a few pieces of chicken. We also had the "Strange Love Ginger Beer". That was really good too! Very gingery and you can actually see the many bits of ginger floating around inside too. I thought the label was cute too. I couldn't make out what it was but it's still cute.


We also shared the buttermilk onion rings with parmesan salt. This was epic! I love onions, I love fried stuff, I love cheese, I love salt. Combining all four parts is just genius! I don't know how much more love I can give this dish.

 
Because we were still stuffed from breakfast, we agreed to share a burger. We had their signature burger with crispy pork belly, chilli, caramel, slaw, aioli and cheese. Oh my god I cannot even begin describing this. The buns were soft and pillowy, the pork belly was crisp and juicy (or oily), the sauce was sweet yet spicy and the aioli just added that finishing creamy garlic-ey touch. EPICCCCC.


Can't wait to go again! This time, I'm having my own burger hey!

No comments :

Post a Comment