Thursday, March 05, 2015

Grub Street

We were introduced to a little, unassuming joint along Samford Road in Gaythorne called "Grub Street". Man, I am so in love with that place. If we weren't introduced and taken to this place, we would never have noticed it ever.





I ordered the carrot pancakes. It came with candied tomato jam, petite herbs, pea puree and grilled haloumi. It was just....EPIC! The carrot patties were nicely spiced and pan-fried to perfection. I did feel that the haloumi was a little overdone but it was still good. And the candied tomato jam? Hell, I love candied-anything! The serving may look small in the picture below but in reality it's huge ass! I put the leftovers in a takeaway box and  had it for lunch. Talk about economical, this was less than $15.


The Husband had Nasi Goreng, which is malay for fried rice. This definitely stood out from the rest of the items on the menu because it was like the only Asian dish. The rice was a tad too sweet but it was still nice to me because I have a sweet tooth so I don't mind it being sweet.


I see ourselves returning to Grub Street very soon!

No comments :

Post a Comment