Sunday, February 08, 2015

Thoughts

I miss home so much. I miss my baby nephew even more. It took some time for him to warm up to me as I've not seen him in almost 2 years since he was born. He is the most intelligent, most adorable little man I have ever seen! I miss playing with him, with his toy cars and with his play cards. I regret not being able to spend more time with him. I don't know when I'll next be able to see him. They won't be going back to Singapore any time soon so I would have to make the trip to the States to look him up, but given my schedule right now, it seems fairly impossible. I just hope that he would still remember me in time to come, sob... How is it that such a wee child can leave such a gaping hole in your heart?

I wish all my family were in one place. We are all scattered now and yes although technology allows us to always be in touch with one another instantaneously, it just can't replace the warmth of having someone next to you physically. I miss Mum and Dad so crazily much and I'm just so totally looking forward to seeing them in July when they come for my convocation!

I'm not sure if "away" is where I wanna be forever. I miss my family and all my friends in Singapore so much. Sure, new friendships have been forged here and they've been awesome but it's just not the same I suppose. Through our wedding, I felt like everybody came together and worked with one another to make it a success. I was so touched to have all these friends around me, all so willing to help despite my absence from the country for 7 years. I felt like it drew me closer to everyone. I miss that sense of belonging. I miss knowing that they would just be a stones' throw away. I miss being able to just hit them up for a cuppa any time of the day. I miss that huge part of me. 

Thoughts of relocating back home have been lingering in my mind. I love Australia, I love the people, the culture, the work-life balance. It's a great place that has given me so many opportunities and have shaped my character quite a bit but I'm still not sure if I am ready to call this home. People say I have the best of both worlds, to a certain extent I do agree, but the heart wants what the heart wants and right now, it's back home.

No comments :

Post a Comment