Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ben's Burgers

We were introduced to a hipster-ish joint in the Valley that serves American-style burgers straight up, Ben's Burgers. No changes allowed to all orders. It's not along the main streets, it's like just in a little nook, tucked away in an alleyway. I would've just walked straight past it if I hadn't been introduced to it first.

I remember not being too impressed by their burgers the first time we had them but for some unexplainable reason, I found myself craving them greasy burgers today so we had them for dinner. 

It was nice seeing the little alleyway while the sun was still up. It looks very quaint and cosy. Not a very big place at all but I think it looks better at night when the fairylights come on.




We ordered the Classic Burgers, a small serve of fries and a strawberry jam milkshake to share. Very all-American!

The strawberry jam milkshake was first to arrive at our table. I was not too blown away by its presentation. I expected it to look a little bit more pink and perhaps not so "flat" sitting in the cup. It looked very ordinary but it actually tasted pretty good! I'm not usually a fan of milkshakes due to my lactose intolerance but I think I would make an exception for this one.


Our burgers took quite awhile to be served. It was quite slow actually, given that it wasn't even busy. If you are starving, don't come here when it's peak period.

The burgers were actually pretty good today! Not as greasy or as difficult to eat (sauce all over the previous time) as before. They are actually stacked quite "high" and the burger is quite a decent size, this isn't accurately represented in the photo below.


The patty was juicy and the beef was done medium rare. I would've preferred my meat to be 100% cooked actually but then again what do I know, I don't usually eat beef anyway, haha! Does MacDonalds' count? I think not. I loved their fries though! There was a good mix of crispy ones and soggy ones, I love me soggy fries! Although very unhealthy, I really liked the fact that they were generous with the salt crystals- they coated each and every fry almost very evenly. I don't like my box of fries super salty at the top and super tasteless at the bottom.

This is so bad. I'm so hungry now after blogging about my unhealthy dinner!

No comments :

Post a Comment