Saturday, December 13, 2014

She Wore Blue Velvet

"Title is a song that Bobby Vinton did a cover of in 1963."

Not everything from China is bad quality. 

Because the Bridal Studio we (stupidly) signed up with did not carry any suitable evening gowns for me, I turned to www.taobao.com instead. Taobao is an awesome online shopping website, China's equivalent to eBay. Everything on the site is in mandarin so I had a wee bit of trouble navigating but I managed eventually. My requirements for an evening gown were: 

(1) Must be simple and streamlined. Nothing huge or poofy or with a train behind.

(2) Must have some bling or beading.

(3) High neckline.

Took a gamble and bought a velvet gown in royal blue with beading at the neckline. It cost me about $80 including shipping. Best $80 spent in 2014! The dress is so pretty! It fits me perfectly and I am so in love with the intricate beading! It's a plain velvet dress from the chest down and it cuts off at my ankles. Brilliant! The last thing I want is to trip over my gown during the wedding dinner and make a fool out of myself. Heh!



A pity I don't have a good full-body shot of myself in the dress. Might try to take some more soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment