Sunday, December 07, 2014

Pretentious Hats

Today Mr. C and I went down to Surfers' Paradise with Kelvin (my high school tuition teacher), who dropped by for the weekend! We had a great time together catching up, we've known one another for what, almost 12 years now? It's so wonderful to have such good friends in my life. 

Anyway, Mr. C was adamant about taking me to Hats World, a store on the Coast that well, sells all sorts of hats. He has been going on and on about "Bahama hats" which I came to realize were actually called "Panama hats" instead. Close enough, I suppose. 

We spent quite awhile in the store (this included an episode of my Havaianas slippers giving way suddenly), and walked away with 2 brand new panama hats!

Don't we look so pretentious now!



There's me rocking in my John Lennon's. I bought this pair of sunnies almost a year back but haven't gotten the chance to wear it much. I think it looks so comical!

We had a tough time choosing hats for Mr. C because there was a fine line between looking hip and looking like a street side hawker, so we chose hats made out of linen instead of the usual rattan-ish/cane-like material.

Anyway, in other news, I now have a new pair of Havaianas slippers since my old pair has given way. I was a little bummed as that was my favourite pair of slippers (pure black with a simple gold Havaianas logo) but thankfully, City Beach sold a similar pair (pure black with a silver Havaianas logo instead). My shoe size must be pretty common because there was only 1 pair of 35/36 left in the design I wanted and none in almost all the other designs.

The weather was really good today despite the forecast of stormy weather. Too bad we were not geared up for the beach. Maybe next time!

No comments :

Post a Comment