Sunday, December 07, 2014

Artisan State Review: Pre-Wedding Shoot Album 2014

Update (1 June 2015): New entry on my wedding (actual day) album is now up! Click here to read more.

Our pre-wedding album (engagement shoot) arrived 2 days ago, we got it made at Artisan State, a printing company based in the States (but they print in Shanghai, China). Our (overpriced) bridal package in Singapore does include a large album of the shoot that we did back home but since we really disliked how most of the photos turned out in addition to the layout of the album bring pretty dated, we decided to go ahead and make our own album instead.

We made a landscape 12 X 16 inch flush mount album and combined our photos from the our Aussie shoot as well as a few good ones from our Singapore shoot. We designed the entire album ourselves using the design tool provided by them. The design tool was easy and fun to use. Here are the specifications of our album:

- Genuine calf leather in the color "expresso"
- Lustre-printed (e-surface)
- 1.3mm thick pages
- Landscape cameo
- A total of 26 pages

The whole album cost us USD$300. We placed our order on Sunday and received our album via DHL express on Friday that same week! Shipping was only an additional USD$10.

Overall, I am very impressed with Artisan State. The quality of the prints and the leather is impeccable. Although the image in the cameo of the album arrived a little dented (not too obvious), they quickly remedied the issue by sending us a re-print of the album without much fuss. Because it was during the Black Friday sale period, we bought USD$660 worth of store credits but paid only USD$500. This will be for our actual day wedding shots. I predict there should be more than 26 pages in that one, heh.

So here are few shots of our new album:


The pebbled leather was super smooth and supple to the touch. Love it!





I didn't take too many shots of the other pages but for a rough idea, I've included preview images taken from the Artisan State online design tool:






I've yet to find out whether the spine of the album can withstand the constant flipping done by guests prior to the commencement of the wedding ceremony. I guess I'll find out then! But till then, I think will keep my faith in Artisan State.

2 comments :

  1. Hello! Great pictures and what a sleek design you created. Love the album!

    May I ask how your wedding album from Artisan State turn out to be? Is it still as good as the engagement book?
    I sooo want to order from Artisan State, but read so many negative reviews about them too. Usually first order comes out okay, but it's down hill afterwards.

    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stella! Thanks for your kind compliment :) I still haven't received my wedding photos from my photographer so I can't make our wedding album just yet. I have some credits with Artisan State and will be posting my review on that album. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hehe.

      Delete