Monday, November 24, 2014

DIY: Longchamp Bag Base Shaper

I presented my problem of having sagging Longchamp bags to Mr. C when I got back from my trip and I also told him about base shapers made specially for Longchamp bags that were going for $15 on eBay.

I didn't really want to spend $15 on a piece of plastic that would never ever see the light of day so Mr. C suggested that we make one ourselves out of corflute (corrugated plastic).

He measured the base of my bag and cut out a rectangle. Then he rounded off the sides and applied sticky tape all round the edges of the corflute so that it wouldn't cut the insides of my bag. It looked something like this:



Initially I wanted to put some decorative wrapping paper all round this base shaper but laziness got the better of me. Besides, Mr. C's right- who'd ever see it?

Corflute's pretty hard and it made an instant difference to my Longchamp bag(s)! Here's a before and after shot of my bag (medium, short handle in fuchsia) with and without the base shaper:

 

I'm pretty surprised Longchamp doesn't sell their own base shapers as an add-on. Their bags although very functional, are pretty crappy-looking formless things on their own.

So save yourself $15! Why buy when you can DIY!

2 comments :

  1. 4x8 corrugated plastic sheets is high transparency, light weight, anti impact and waterproof, which is a kind of excellent packing material, widely used in advertisement printing, industrial packaging, and product protection industriescorrugated plastic manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

  2. The blogs are really appreciable and one can trust the knowledge and information provided in the writing. The article you do produce on a weekly base really the best. I have found a similar websitecorflute printing visit the site to know more about sinking.

    ReplyDelete