Thursday, October 16, 2014

Wedding Preps- Part IX: Banquet Florals

Okay so I've pretty much decided on what kind of florals we'll be having for the MBS Banquet. Initially, I wanted a rustic, garden theme for the Banquet Hall but none of the florists tied up with MBS had much to offer with regards to what I was looking for and the florist that did, was charging an exorbitant rate just to have some twigs brought in. Also, the carpets and overall look/feel of MBS didn't really go with the rustic theme so I honestly was, at the beginning, a little bothered by it. So anyway, long story short, Mr. C advised that we do up a rustic theme for the Church reception, and go with something else that would complement the colors at MBS. It was certainly very good, simple advice that I wondered why I hadn't thought about in the first place! It would have certainly saved me a lot of trouble.  Indeed, 2 heads are better than 1.

The carpet in the Banquet Halls of MBS are reddish and orangey, the lights are warm, and the walls are made of oak and cherry oak paneling. I've decided to go with the bigger florist company, See Sing Soon, because they offer these kinds of florals:


I've picked a creamy gold (non-shimmer) backdrop instead of the usual white colored one because I think white will make the stage look very tacky, dated and cheap. I think this gold backdrop will complement the colors of the Banquet Hall very well, and I think the tea lights on the floral stands will also add a simple but elegant touch. I figured tea lights would be the way to go because it will make the place look really intimate, cosy and not garish and tacky (in my opinion, anyway). I won't be going for anything too ostentatious, and will be sticking to simple white and green florals. I'm not so much a flower person anyway. 

No comments :

Post a Comment