Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wedding Preps- Part III: Choosing our Florist

MBS provides 3 florists for the banquet decor- (1) Sing See Soon, (2) June Florist and (3) Woodsville Florist. We first paid a visit to Sing See Soon at Punggol because they were have won quite a few accolades. 

I was expecting a small booth (my stereotype of florists in general) with a few flowers sticking out from random vases, so you can imagine my surprise when we got to Sing See Soon! Their premise was huge! And it goes all the way to the back too! This is how I know they mean business.








I was really impressed by the scale of their business. I was also very pleased with the service provided by Jingyi. We are awaiting a quote from her now as picky-me did not really like the standard packages they had to offer. 

My dream decor would be something like the one seen here below, with lots of fairy lights and paper lanterns. I'm not big on flowers so just a few white ones set in simple ferns and baby's breath would do. I really like this style but I'm afraid it's not very possible because it is very expensive to have such a set-up done. I need to keep thinking about it I guess, and see if there's a way around this.


We also visited Cecilia at Woodsville Florists. Her store was a small one tucked away in an industrial park, it was very inaccessible for us as we did not have the car that day. Cecilia was a nice woman, and was very patient and not pushy at all. However, we did not really fancy her designs as it was a little dated in our opinions. Having said that, if I had a clear idea of what I want, I am sure she would be able to accommodate it. Some of the decor was also placed in the carpark outside her store, and we could see that there was a lot of dust on them. I'm sure they would wash it prior to setting the decor up but somehow, it wasn't a nice feeling seeing them collect so much dirt outside. Anyway, Cecilia was very prompt in sending us the follow-up email so I was very happy with the service. I didn't manage to take any photos whilst we were there because we were running very late to meet her.

We're now not sure who to go with. I say I would go with whoever who requires the least amount of top-up!

No comments :

Post a Comment