Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wedding Preps- Part II: Invitation Cards

The company in charge of producing our wedding invitation cards bundled together with our banquet package at MBS is called "American Wedding Treasures". We made an appointment to meet Shirley during the week that we were back in Singapore but we were greeted by someone else who took us through the selection process. It was a nice man who was helping Shirley out (she was not in that afternoon) that day.

ATW is in a quaint little shop-house at the end of Jalan Pisang, near Arab Street, and has a very oldern day Balinese/Peranakan feel to the place. Very interesting and cute!



We were pleasantly surprised to have so many cards to choose from all bound in a thick ring folder. I initially thought that perhaps there would only be about 10 to choose from. These cards were also made of very thick and good quality material! We took about 2 hours flipping through all our options before deciding on one.
DISCLAIMER: My camera was set on the wrong mode and almost all my shots taken that day was too warm. I was unable to remove this tinge completely during photo editing.  I only realized that I had set my camera on the wrong mode at the end of the card-choosing session so you will see that my last picture is the only one that is true to color. Bah.


Here are just some of the available designs:


I honestly really like the very traditional looking ones with the Chinese character for 双喜 (double happiness). As I sit here typing away now, I'm wondering if I made the right decision picking what we picked. Hmmm. 

Anyway, here's what we picked:




It's pearlescent ivory card stock printed in dark brown ink (we're waiting on a quote for gold embossing) encased in a thick bronze shimmer holder. The envelopes are cream colored and we can customize the seals too! I think the holder concept is quite unique and will come in handy when we want to slip in the how-to-get-there cards.

Each card will also have a traditional Chinese wedding invite piece. We had a choice of clip arts to include in the invites too! Here's a sampler:


There were heaps more cute clips (e.g. Hello Kitty and misc. other cartoon characters) in that folder but we decided to go for an elegant feel rather than a cutesy card so we ended up just picking the traditional 双喜 (double happiness) clip art. There were so many things that we could customize- stickers, wordings, pictures, ink colors etc. but of course with each customization, you will need to pay extra.

It's been almost a week now and ATW has not emailed me as they said they would, I will be dropping them a quick email to chase them up. Hopefully, they have not forgotten about me.

No comments :

Post a Comment