Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lazy Saturday

Slept in today and woke up only at noon! Missed out on going to the Kelvin Grove Farmers' Market today.

Mr. C and I contemplated hitting Sunnybank to eat Marmite Chicken from Yahoo for lunch but we decided to stay home instead. Mr. C cooked lunch for us- linguine with creamy mushroom sauce, mixed vegetables, sliced cheese kransky and some kiev-like chicken balls that was stuffed with cheese and broccoli that I got frozen from Woolies.


Watched a couple of episodes of Everybody Loves Raymond, one of my favourite comedy series. I wish they made more shows like that, clean and family-friendly. But anyhow, I'm a comedy junkie. 

Mr. C is going to spend the rest of the day studying for his quiz and I am going to attempt writing some bits of my thesis that is due in about 1.5 months' time. 

Looking forward to our short "break" next week, we will be flying home from the 6th-13th of September. I call it a "break" because there's so many things we need to do for our wedding next year in January. It has been so frustrating doing most of the planning long-distance. Thank God for family and friends. 

I made our little "Save the Date" card using bridal-style Lego minifigures, combining our love for all things Lego-related. 


We got our wedding bands from JannPaul and my engagement ring was from them as well. It was really difficult finding a suitable wedding band that would fit with my engagement ring due to its double shanks. I didn't have a whole lot to choose from so I settled for a half-eternity
 criss-cross band. Mr. C got a 6mm thick one with thin milgrain edging. On hindsight, he should have gotten one with thick milgrain edging but it was quite difficult to make a decision based on pictures they sent us via email since we couldn't go down to the shop physically ourselves.

A few pictures of our rings:





I'm not allowed to wear it yet so I shall post more pictures after it's all official. As you can see, the engagement ring will sit nicely where the bands cross but I guess that's not really too important anymore, given that I only wear my engagement ring on occasion now. 

And so, the countdown begins.

No comments :

Post a Comment