Friday, September 05, 2014

The Gamble- My Wedding Gown

So about a month back, I decided that there was no way in hell I'd pay thousands for a gown that I would wear only once. I've just always had a thing against buying expensive clothing of any sort. So anyway, I decided to take a gamble and order from an online store based in China. They were definitely not the cheapest gowns available online but because there were mostly positive reviews on them, I decided to take a leap of faith. 

I thought about it for weeks before finally taking the plunge- giving them my measurements and paying about AUD$350 in total including shipping. After about 5 weeks, the gown finally arrived! I was so excited and rushed home immediately with Mr. C to receive the package upon receiving notification of its arrival. I was really surprised at how they managed to compact the whole gown into a small little parcel. Granted, the outside packaging wasn't really appealing but it's what's inside that counts.



Here are some pictures of me in my gown:







The pros: I really love the detailing and the quality of the dress. The fabric was thick, heavy and very substantial. You wouldn't have been able to tell that this cost less than $500. The beading is so beautiful and the puddling of the gown at the bottom is gorgeous. Although the lace patterning is completely different from what was advertised on their website, this one works well too so I'm okay with it. I've tried on quite a few gowns over the past few months and did not like any of them but I'm so glad to have found THE gown now. I love it!

The cons: The gown measurements are a little off. The bust area is really loose even though I gave them my smaller-than-exact measurement. The bottom of the gown is also too loose and shapeless. I had to peg certain areas of the gown to get it to look the way I want or was advertised. The only thing they got right was the length of the gown. Also, some darts on the dress are really obvious. There were also quite a few loose threads on the lace but nothing too serious. I will be needing to get this gown altered big time.

All in all, I give my whole experience with them say, 7 out of 10 stars. I love the design of the gown as well as the quality of the fabric, but more work needs to be done on the shape of the gown. I am trying to bargain with them right now on giving me some kind of monetary compensation or refund so that I can fix the areas where they messed up. We'll see if they relent.

No comments :

Post a Comment