Monday, July 28, 2014

Koeksisters

A month back, someone from my research institute was selling koeksisters as part of her fundraising for cancer research. We got some in to try because they sounded delicious.

Koeksisters (pronounced cook-sisters, or so says Google) are a South African treat, they are basically donuts soaked in spiced cinnamon syrup and can be eaten warm or cold.

The ones we got were hard shelled donuts that were soft on the inside.



They were good but are REALLY, REALLY SWEET. I couldn't finish 1 on my own without feeling sick to the stomach. Having said that, I really like these koeksisters! They're very sinful indeed, syrup oozes out with each bite. I wouldn't recommend eating these too frequently unless maybe you want to die young or something.

No comments :

Post a Comment