Monday, June 16, 2014

R1 goes to Town

So my best girlfriend and her new boyfriend came to Brisbane to visit me/have their holiday. We spent the weekend out and had a pretty smashing time together, it was a good break from Mr C.'s and my routine.

She came bearing gifts! I did recently go through a Craftholic craze, for the uninitiated, Craftholic is a brand of body pillows/stuffed toys/plushie accessories from Japan. When they first came out a couple of years ago, I thought they were really overpriced and so I didn't look much further. It was only recently that I saw on Instagram, several pictures of the "Hawaii Rab" (rainbow striped bunny) that I started looking more into it. I really love bright and happy colours and this really made me smile. I was quite sad when I found out that we don't have it here in Australia (what's new, right) and besides, it's also a not-so-new yet very popular edition which is very hard to find now so I was really pleasantly surprised when Mr. C. sourced out an online seller in Malaysian who sells the Hawaii Rab! He bought me the 1.1 meter tall Hawaii Rab (my soon-to-be very own Thunder buddy), a medium-sized (50cm tall) back cushion (also a Hawaii Rab) and another medium-sized Rab in the limited Sakura edition!

So before you wonder what am I going on and on about Rabs, I'll post a couple of stock photos of them here:



The parcel is currently in Sydney and I will post better pictures of them when I receive them! Can't wait.

Before Mr. C. knew about my latest obsession, I told my best girlfriend about it and asked if she could pop down to the stores in Singapore to have a look for me and tell me what was in stock. We conversed via Whatsapp and we were sending each other photos to and fro, it is quite funny now to think of it. Anyhow, she bought me 3 Craftholics and I really love them! She got me 2 medium sized Rabs (Sun Rab and Gohobi Rab) and a mini 20cm Hawaii Rab, who is now my travel buddy! Doesn't Sun Rab look just like an ice popsicle?! How adorable! They are all incredibly soft too.



So I took mini Hawaii Rab out yesterday when we were at Southbank and took a photo of him (I named him R1) with the iconic ferris wheel. I shall start "The Adventures of R1" just as a silly little project.


And here's R1 in other various places- R1 in my Chloe bag (colour is Speculoos Brown) and R1 at the Lego Parisian Restaurant!



More adventures of R1 in the near future. Watch this space!

I digress- please meet Edward, my new robot keyring from Prada. I have been hunting for him for over a year ever since I saw him on someone else's Balenciaga bag on The Purse Forum. I thought he was really cute and different as he is made of electrical supplies! I got him from DFS at Scotts Galleria in Singapore. You can imagine how elated I was to have finally found him.


Anyway, back to topic. Mr. C. asked why I chose so many Hawaii Rabs since there were so many other designs (see below). My answer to that is that I really love this particular bright, cheery stripey print! Yes there are quite a few different designs and I initially kept changing my mind over which of the different designs I wanted but in the end I decided to stick with the one that made me smile the most and that was.....the Hawaii Rab!


Am feeling incredibly loved in this month of June. That's not to say bad things didn't happen- they did big time, but life isn't always a bed of roses and we must always learn to take the good and leave the bad. Currently plugging Joel Osteen talks and they are really great, simple reminders for all of us, I'm sure.

No comments :

Post a Comment