Sunday, July 06, 2014

Lazy Saturday

Despite having been in Brisbane for 6 years already, I have not been to one of the more popular French patisseries, Le Bon Choix, before. A new branch opened up at Paddington and we thought we'd give it a go. 

The verdict? Really great food that's a little overpriced. Here's what we ordered:
  • Chicken ciabatta
  • Strawberry tart
  • Dark chocolate orange mousse cake
  • Chai latte
  • Moccha
We really loved the chicken ciabatta, it was toasted to perfection! Mr. C wanted more but I think the price put him off. Afterall, it was just a sandwich at the end of the day right. I don't remember how much it was but the entire meal cost us AUD$30+ which is a little on the pricey side. Having said that, I will still go back there for the chicken ciabatta and the strawberry tart! The tart was really gorgeous to look at, and of course it was really tasty too. The strawberries were sweet (although they were probably pre-soaked in sugar before), the cream underneath was thick but not overwhelming, and the crust albeit a little hard, was still crumbly and buttery. 

Thinking about all that good food is making me really hungry now. Unfortunately they're now closed for the day :( I might put in a request tonight with Mr. C to take me there tomorrow morning before we go to work. 

For now, I'll let the pictures do the talking!








There were heaps of other baked goodies that we wanted to try, like the chocolate eclairs and jam donuts, but perhaps another time. 

After our very filling brunch, we took a walk around Paddington. We've driven past this little suburb many times but we've never actually explored it. We came to the conclusion that it must be a very hip little area because everyone was very well-dressed, very fashionable. There were a fair few of quaint little stores around as well. We spent some time at this organic minimart called "Fundies".





We didn't buy any food items but it was a good experience because we got to see quite a few interesting things. There were rows and rows of alternative medicines, different types of pills and hundreds of seeds of sorts. What I did end up buying were 2 glass water bottles! They were so cute and after the whole UV light and Nalgene plastic bottles leaking BPA scare, I did have in mind to buy glass bottles instead. 

These bottles aren't exactly cheap though. 2 bottles (650ml and 450ml) cost AUD$70. I bought 2 pink bottles.




After our late morning stroll, we walked back to the car which was at the bottom of the hill. I just had to take this photo:


It was a beautiful, clear day and it was just absolutely gorgeous, this town. 

This was my #OOTD. Nothing fancy, I kept it simple in monochrome- a $10 geometric tank top that I newly acquired from Valley Girl, my $15 black cardigan from Cotton On, my tights which I got for $20 from Victoria's Secrets and my $10 striped flats from Rubi Shoes. Oh and not forgetting my Balenciaga Giant 21 City bag in Anthracite! I love the colour of this bag so much. It's so versatile and so much of a chameleon! It's a mix of dark grey, blue and green. I am also such a huge fan of the giant hardware from Balenciaga. It's a pity they phased this out! Hopefully they'll bring it back in the near future.


We ended our afternoon with a selfie of ourselves.


No comments :

Post a Comment