Monday, May 05, 2014

Snap, Action


I was really stressed at work today, dashing around like a headless chicken. I have quite a few loose ends to tie up before Mr. C and I leave for home for a few days. We had a visit from the Charity organizer (who is supporting a particular project in our laboratory) so we sat together and had a chat for a bit.

Dinner was at Summit Restaurant, atop Mount Cootha. It's a really nice restaurant, wonderful cosy ambience with a spectacular view of Brisbane. Today's food was a little disappointing- their quality is okay, I love their food but the portions vary quite a bit and it just so happened that today, we had really tiny ones. I'm currently fighting back the urge to have a go at the leftover KFC in my fridge.


Loving my new-ish camera, the Olympus E-P5! I actually had it since last year but I haven't used it much till recently. The camera comes with the standard M. Zuiko 14-42mm lens and I always thought that it was bulky and 'fragile'. A month ago, Olympus released the M. Zuiko EZ Powerzoom lens, which is essentially a compact version of its predecessor! I bought that lens and although it isn't as good as prime lenses, it is sort-of good enough for me for now.




It's a nifty little camera, it looks great, feels great and has really fast autofocus. The pictures tend to come out a little warm but that's easily corrected with iPhoto, Preview or Photoshop. I love this camera's "Art" mode, there are a lot of creative presets that can make any amateur photographer appear like a pro.

Mr. C bought us a matching leather hand strap from Gordy's in the USA. I got mine in black leather with a raspberry cord wrap!


No comments :

Post a Comment