Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Chloe Paraty Bag


I recently stepped into the small Chloe boutique at David Jones in Queens Plaza and tried on the Chloe Paraty Bag on a whim. 

It was love at first try.

I think it's casual yet interesting, understated and versatile. The Paraty bag first made its way into the market in 2008 and it was 2010's "It Bag". I love the pipe trimming along the edges of the bag and I especially like the idea of being able to interchange between carrying it in the nook of my arm via the short handles and slinging it on my shoulder via the long strap. One thing I feel that Chloe should have done is to make the long strap detachable. Nevertheless, I love it very much and it will be a wardrobe staple from now on. I can also foresee myself using this bag whenever I go traveling. It's the perfect size.

I wanted a brown bag (initially I wanted cream, then I wanted red, then green, and then I finally decided on brown) but the selection here in Brisbane is just atrocious. So I hopped over to the Chloe international site and used their recommended retailer- the e-luxury store, www.mytheresa.com. It was my first time purchasing from them and to be honest, I was a little apprehensive. I usually buy from Reebonz because they are a reputable, Singapore-based company. 

Just 3 days after my online purchase, my bag arrived!


The packaging was just impeccable! It came in a sturdy, thick white box with the store's name printed on the front in red, and tied up with a pretty white silk ribbon. There was heaps of goodies in there too, besides my bag.

Here's my Paraty in the medium size! The color is called "Speculoos Brown". Incidentally, speculoos is a type of golden brown cookie. I did not know that prior to this purchase.



So I got like a free folder (very pretty) and also an "invisi-bobble" hair tye! How cute. In the folder, there were all the documents- my receipts, return forms, waybill forms and such. Super organized and super impressive! I am a convert now. The range that mytheresa carries is a lot wider than that of Reebonz and I will definitely use them for any future purchases!

Ending my entry with my Chloe and I.


No comments :

Post a Comment