Sunday, October 19, 2014

Early Graduation Gift

So I'd been having a few issues with my current iPhone 5 freezing and lagging on occasion. I had also run out of space, yes all 32GB of it, and couldn't take any new photos or videos. I had to delete 3 photos for every 1 new one, it was so annoying. Do I really need all 5,581 photos and videos? YES I do. Every photo means a lot to me.

But now I'm a proud owner of the new iPhone 6 Plus! It's 128GB, equivalent to mini computer! I'll never run out of space again!

This was an early Ph.D graduation gift from Mr. C! I was really, really pleasantly surprised because to be honest, I wasn't expecting anything this awesome. I didn't think a graduation would be a big deal, especially to Mr. C because it's not like a major occasion (e.g. birthday, Valentines' etc.) or anything, so I'm really super appreciative of his sweet thought more than I am of the gift itself.

That boy does surprise me sometimes, just when you think the romance is over especially after 5.5 years of seeing each other every single day, 24/7 365 days a year. You see, Mr. C and I both work at the same place, our desks are next to each other! While many may call it crazy, and although we don't think it is the best of all arrangements, I think it has been pretty alright for us. 

Anyway, back to my lovely new toy! I love how huge the screen on the iPhone 6 Plus is! I'm a very heavy phone and media user so this is just perfect for me. I did think the screens on older iPhone models were kinda tiny so I was over the moon when Apple released one with such an awesome screen size.



I bought this lovely mint & navy magnetic card holder phone case off eBay from Mercury Goospery. There were so many colors available and I had such a hard time deciding on one so in the end Mr. C assisted with the decision. No pinks, he said. Ha! Love this mint color, it's gorgeous and the texture is pretty awesome too. I paid AUD$10 for this and it came with a clear screen protector as well which I must say, I applied on pretty well (no bubbles, yay). Saw a cart in Indooroopilly and in the City selling the exact same case and screen protector for AUD$35. No thank you, ma'am.

Hmm technically, I don't graduate until probably March next year (after all the to-ing and fro-ing between reviewers) but Mr. C said it was to encourage my writing and the finishing off of my thesis. I was supposed to wait until I'd submitted my thesis next week but I just couldn't resist it any longer :)


Seen here with my Coach Willis in Poppy, taken yesterday in the car after our mini-adventure at New Farm Park.

No comments :

Post a Comment