Thursday, July 10, 2014

Summit Restaurant @ Mount Cootha

Dinner tonight was a little extravagant for a Thursday. We drove to Mount Cootha in Toowong to have dinner at the Summit Restaurant! We were just there a couple of weeks ago with our friends. I love the ambiance at this restaurant, it's warmly lit and is very cozy. If you're lucky or if you put in a special request, you may be seated near the windows and you'll have spectacular views of Brisbane accompanying you throughout dinner! The food here is more often than not, top-notch. My two complaints are that:

(1) They are not very consistent. The food still tastes great, but the portions can vary quite a bit and so can some of the ingredients.

and

(2) Food takes ages to arrive. And when I say ages, I mean like 30 minutes when the restaurant is 3/4 empty.






Tonight ,we ordered 3 dishes between us:

(A) The  mushroom and pulled pork risotto with green apple, sticky merlot onions and shaved manchego

(B) Crisp skin atlantic salmon with twice whipped butter mash, baby spinach, lime and palm sugar glaze and tomato chilli jam

(C) Grilled free range chicken with roast pumpkin and spinach lasagne, corn veloute and broccolini




The risotto was great as usual, but I find that this dish is the one with the most variation. Tonight's dish was less creamy and I didn't taste any green apple. The merlot onions was also substituted with dates, which was really great too. The salmon tonight wasn't as good as usual, I got the tail end of the fish and that part tends to be a little more fishy. It was also a little overcooked but that's okay by me. Mr. C's grilled chicken however, was delish! The meat was really tender and moist, and the lasagne was creamy and tasty. 

The food today took slightly over 30 mins to arrive, and we licked our plates clean in under 10-15 mins. We got home, showered and I made it in time for my weekly Law & Order: SVU on Channel TEN. 

Overall, this place is makes it to the top few food places that Mr. C and I patronize often. It's perfect for special occasions like birthdays, anniversaries or dates. We have also witnessed 2 weddings held there. It's just a really beautiful place.

Anyway, I'm ending today's post with a picture of the view from Mount Cootha. I need to get back to my thesis writing.

1 comment :

  1. Wow you guys went back so quickly! Keep the posts coming! With love from your avid reader <3

    ReplyDelete