Thursday, July 24, 2014

Food Markets at South Bank

Last weekend, we went down to South Bank to try and catch the "Noodle Night Market" event. To our surprise, there was actually another market there too! It was what we dubbed the "White Man's Market" because there were things like fresh produce, greek delights, fancy preserved olive and so on. 

But first up, my #OOTD for that day:


Wore my black floral print neoprene dress that I got off www.sheinside.com for about $20, black Ambra 200 denier leggings from Myers and my thick mustard wool coat that I also got from Myer for about $100. It keeps me pretty warm and color is really unique, that's why I bought it otherwise I wouldn't have bothered about spending that amount on a coat.

Okay back to the "White Man's Market".










Saw this guy flipping burger patties who was game enough to pose for a shot :) I like people like that, it's a nice change from scowling faces that make you feel so unwelcome. 


Aaaaand we had a token Asian store! Called "Satay Hut" and boy oh boy, were their satays awesommmme! At $6 for 2 sticks, it was daylight robbery. But beggars can't be choosers hey. It was really good though. Super tender and juicy chicken pieces, cooked authentically and drizzled with warm peanut sauce. Delish!





So we moved on to the "Noodle Night Market". It was a little disappointing because it was soooo crowded and it was impossible to move really. The queues for the stalls were also ridiculously long. Mr. C and I didn't stay. We ended up bumping into a colleague and going for dinner somewhere else.

We did spend quite a bit of time taking pictures of the beautiful lanterns though! They were so pretty and I was fiddling with my camera a lot, trying to get the settings right (with the help of Mr. C), so that I could take nice pictures.










Just us :)


Shall sign off with an accidental photo that I took while my camera was trying to focus, it actually turned out to be quite pretty. It's like a bokeh effect of all the lanterns.


No comments :

Post a Comment