Monday, August 31, 2015

Samford Show 2015

A month or so back, the Husband and I went to the Samford Show. Our colleagues told us about a "mini Ekka" so we had to go! Turns out, it's an awesome mini Ekka indeed! Samford is a bit like a posh posh town, super nice place tucked away. The showgrounds were much cleaner and everything just seemed more civil than the Ekka itself.


There was a dog competition on when we went there, we saw all different types of dogs! I especially loved the Corgis! They were so fluffy and looked like little foxes!


Like dog like master..?


There were also some horse shows going on. The horses were magnificent to behold. Their trainers were young girls who were very serious about the show indeed. 



As expected, what's an Ekka without some cows..?



Kids playing. It looked insanely fun and I would've loved to get myself into one of them balls and start running around like crazy, bumping everyone else outta the way!


Pig racing!!! The piggies were sooooo cute!



Stunt motorcyclists! Dare devils! It was crazy, what they were doing!





Carnival-style. What's a fair without dagwood dogs?


I think the highlight for us was the vintage car display. 

SO. BLOODY. AWESOME!

The Husband and I mad love vintage cars, which was also why we chose a wee vintage Beetle as our wedding car. They're elegant and timeless. Modern day fast cars are just too ostentatious for my liking. 

A friend once said, money can't buy you class. I cannot agree more.



















We had a good day out that day, we never knew little fairs like this existed! Hmm. Now I needn't wait a whole year for Ekka no more! Yay.

On the way back, I saw a couple of white horses grazing in the distance! Had to frantically get the Husband to pull over just so I could snap a few shots.

"Hello, are you a unicorn..?"


No comments :

Post a Comment