Monday, August 10, 2015

Graduation Ceremony 2015

My sincerest apologies for my mini hiatus from the the blogosphere! It has been totes cray cray the past few weeks with my folks flying in to visit and my subsequent flying out for business.

Just a quick recap on my Graduation Ceremony that took place on the 21st of July 2015! 

My folks insisted on me attending my graduation ceremony so I did so albeit begrudgingly. I think they are more proud of me than I am of myself, which is sweet in a way I suppose. What was even sweeter was the unexpected gift they got for me! They got me a nice set of jewellery, in my Mum's favourite icon- the Singapore Vanda Miss Joachim Orchid hahahaha. 


I was really touched by the gift because firstly, my parents don't usually buy presents for us and secondly, they are very reserved when it comes to expressing their emotions. I wore them for the occasion and I must say, the gold contrasted against my black outfit very well.

I was part of the Academic Procession, and it was quite a nice feeling, being able to march in and sit together with the big wigs on stage.


I was having a super massive headache that afternoon and wasn't feeling too well so I wasn't really in the mood to have my pictures taken. I quite regret that now, unfortunately :( 

Anyhow, here are a few good ones:




Yes, my supervisor came to my graduation too! So much love!








And I made love these last 2 pictures! The Husband took them very artistically indeed. So much win.



We had a nice dinner after the ceremony, with Dr. O and his wife included. I didn't appreciate the fact that I had to take 4 tabs of Panadol, which by the way didn't really help with my migraine at all, but by and large it was a good day!

I like the academic gown, it looks quite regal I must say! Although at times I think it makes me look like a Pastor of sorts, heh.

No comments :

Post a Comment