Monday, May 04, 2015

Oaty Anzac Cookies

So I got up today and spontaneously felt like putting my kitchen to some use by baking something.

A colleague from work shared her Anzac cookie recipe with me, it's a Donna Hay one, but I tweaked it a little to make it my own. I substituted the desiccated coconut for raisins as the Husband does not like desiccated coconut.

It was really quick and easy putting this together. The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain flour
1/2 cup sugar (I used dark brown sugar instead)
3/4 cup dessicated coconut (I used raisins instead)
2 tablespoons golden syrup
125g butter
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tablespoon hot water

Directions:
Preheat oven at 160 deg C. Combine oats, plain flour and sugar in a mixing bowl. Melt butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan. Dissolve bicarbonate soda in water and add to the butter-syrup mix. Pour butter-syrup mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well. Place tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking tray and flatten slightly. Bake for 10-15 min.

I managed to pop these babies into oven within 30 min. 

The results:


Omg these were heavenly (apart from the fact that I added 1 cup of dark brown sugar instead of 1/2 cup)! They were crispy and firm on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. I LOVE CHEWY COOKIES. I predict these will go perfectly with a glass of milk.

Delish!

No comments :

Post a Comment