Saturday, May 30, 2015

Dreaming in Color

I read an article about Johanna Basford, a Scottish illustrator who produced the crazily famous coloring book, "Secret Garden". I looked up her book and pretty much fell in love with her work. I tried to find her book in local bookstores/online stores, but it was sold out everywhere. The next re-print is in June/July. 

No matter, I got some prints off the net. I wanted to get some highly-pigmented color pencils (to replace my low-quality, Staedtler ones) so I swung by Eckersley's in Milton to pick up some Prismacolor pencils. They were about AUD$99.95 for a tin of 48 colors.



Mad love these pencils, they are so soft and easy to color with! They also blend really well. The texture is somewhat like crayons but smoother.


I chose a tree house picture to start with.


I'm half done with this picture now. Coloring the leaves took ages but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.


Coloring is super therapeutic. I used to do it a lot as a child (and won a competition held by the National Library) but less often now, life got in the way.

No comments :

Post a Comment