Monday, October 13, 2014

Wedding Preps- Part VII: Church Reception Decor (Part I)


Our solemnization will be held at my home church in Singapore and I have a rough idea of what I hope for it to look like. I guess I'll have more time after thesis submission to think about it so for now, it'll just be little bits of brainstorming here and there. 

I'm modeling the reception to something like this picture below, sans the table settings because it will be the usual Singaporean "church wedding coupled with buffet catering styled reception". 


I am only going to keep the burlap table runner and the jars of flowers. I did think of renting those lovely Tiffany chairs but the approximate cost just for renting those chairs alone will already hit almost S$1,000 (~150 chairs + S$250 set-up fee). It just doesn't make too much sense to spend so much on a set-up that is only going to be there for about 2-3 hours. Anyhow, my church has those long wooden benches anyway so I think we will be using those instead. We'll see how the Australian Dollar performs in the market over the next few months, ha!

Just by chance on Sunday when we were grabbing some lunch in the City, we came across a crafts shop and they were having some kinda sale. We saw some glass mason jars going for $2.50 and we snapped up about 25 bottles (26 actually, the saleswoman mis-counted). The total came up to about AUD$65 and that is really, really cheap for that many glass mason jars! 

I also got some dark brown thick card stock and some silver glitter tape to stick on the mason jars that will be holding Baby's Breath flowers. Kinda modeled after this:


I did think of following the jars in the image closely but I think I might be too lazy to twirl so many rounds of hemp cord around the jars. That's a lot of cord to buy anyway. So, card stock it is!



I stuck on my designed wrapping on 3 bottles just to see how they would turn out. I think they are okay. The mason jars come with a single knotted hemp cord. I might put a few more cords around, we'll see. It looks kinda bare now I know, but I think once the Baby's Breath flowers are in there, they would look fine. I am also hoping that the size of these jars will be suitable for the long bench table as they are a tad small. Yipes. But AUD$65 for 25 glass jars is really a steal and I might regret not buying them if I hadn't.

No comments :

Post a Comment