Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Personalized Cake Topper

Etsy is a treasure trove for all things unique and personalized, I quite recently discovered that. 

I decided to have our wedding cake topper customized and found a seller from Hong Kong who was making them for about AUD$120. This was pretty reasonable given that everybody else was selling theirs for over AUD$200.  

I sent pictures of our faces, outfits and the desired pose for the figurine, and after some to and fro-ing with the seller (fine-tuning our faces/hair/clothes etc.), our cake topper finally arrived! 


Classic Asian pose, I know! It's just us being silly as usual!


Here's a close-up:


It's too adorable! We love it to bits. Although it's supposed to be a caricature, I think it's pretty close to what we actually look like in reality so I am very happy with it. This cake topper stands at about 18cm tall and is made of some kind of clay polymer. The make is very solid. 

The only hiccup with our topper was that both our hands on the figurine broke off during shipping, so Mr. C and I had to superglue them back on again. It was no biggie.

No comments :

Post a Comment