Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Chinatown: Where Today meets Yesteryear

I usually don't go to Chinatown except during Chinese New Year, where they have the night markets. Whilst looking for the shops that sell traditional wedding items, I noticed how beautiful Chinatown really was. It was super bustling even on a normal day, which surprised me as I've always had the impression that it was a ghost town on days other than during the Chinese New Year period.









Chinatown is a very eclectic mix of people, shops and landmarks. And example would be the famous Sri Mariamman Hindu Temple (above picture) which sits alongside the main road right smack in Chinatown. And then a few streets down is where the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple stands. It was very, very hot that day and I felt like I could died of sun stroke at any given time! I wish we had more time to explore that day, I miss Singapore so much.

No comments :

Post a Comment